Happy day-after Labor Day!! I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed their three day weekend. I know I did!
August was a BIG month for me. As if lots of work travel (New Jersey, California, Virginia), bridesmaid duties (we FINALLY have a wedding dress), and auntie/nanny duties weren’t enough, I decided to throw in an apartment upgrade to the mix. With the help of my mother and some very compassionate friends, I am all moved into my new place. I now have granite countertops, a dishwasher, and a fireplace!
I can’t wait to get everything unpacked so I can do my first photo shoot for the blog. Since that may take a while (have I ever mentioned I’m a procrastination queen), I was able to save up a couple of posts to keep my loyal readers entertained.
In the meantime, I am going to tryout an idea I’ve had for a while. My goal for this blog is to not only share recipes, but also to share foodie knowledge. The world of food encompasses more than the act of cooking; it is a microcosm of its own. It has politics, culture, and science. It has personality. It shifts and changes on almost a daily basis, and the internet is flooded with food-related articles that are fascinating to read. Or at least I think they’re fascinating…
Anywho…I would like to share with you my favorite “musings” each month. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- Due to all the travel I’ve done recently, I perked right up when I saw this article about a foodie’s minimalist travel kit. I always bring at least an immersion blender on work trips so I can make a healthy smoothie in the morning.
- Since summer isn’t quite over, and because I love nerdy explanations of why things work the way they do, I loved reading this grilling guide, which explains things why cooking with 212° F air is different (and better) than cooking with 212° F water.
- If you get stuck searching for wine at the last minute, and your only option is to pop into a random store, these strategies will help you avoid buying a bottle that gets poured down the drain.
- Most movies include meal scenes of one variety or another. A couple of chefs dissect the practicality of a few of these clips, to include Goodfellas and The Breakfast Club (clips included…just in case you’re bored at work).
- Have you ever nicknamed certain types of booze? This article has taken those nicknames, and created cute labels for your favorite bottles of liqueur.
- MUST READ MUSING: Kids say the darnedest things, especially when they are a four-year-old reviewing the food at a top rated restaurant.
Have you read any interesting articles this month? I’d love to check them out! Just drop a link in the comments.